How to Make a Dog Friendly Gingerbread House
Believe it or not, it’s December! With the holidays quickly approaching and the temperature dropping, we are all looking to keep ourselves busy by eating of course. Building a gingerbread house is the perfect way to stay busy and have a treat too! Although your pet can’t help you decorate, you can make sure gingerbread animal friendly. Using Chewy’s dog-friendly gingerbread recipe you and your pet can enjoy December’s fun together.
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit
- Whisk together the molasses, egg, and peanut butter
- Add the flour, cinnamon, and ginger
- Knead until the dough is stiff
- Roll the dough on a lightly-floured surface and cut into your preferred shape
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before moving them to a rack
Once your cookies are dry, it’s time to get creative! For decorating, training treats are a great option. They are small enough to be incorporated on your house. They also come in a variety of flavors and shapes to keep your house aesthetically pleasing. It will be hard to build a house for your pet and not for yourself, so make sure you make extra dough to create your dream gingerbread house! Enjoy your activity and don’t forget to share your creation with us!